Saturday, December 27, 2008

At the Getty Villa Museum

Abby at Simply Flowers reminded me with her post (Getty Malibu Villa) that the Villa is open and worth the visit. The 1st photo is of the newly constructed entrance, and the 2nd is of the villa's inner courtyard.
"The Getty Villa is an educational center and museum dedicated to the study of the arts and cultures of Greek, Roman, and Etruscan antiquities; with Roman-inspired architecture and gardens".
Click here for more information and free tickets.

6 comments:

Hilda said...

Ooh! Sounds like my kind of museum!

Julie said...

Any museum that is free is my kind of museum!

I had a look throught the site but could not quickly find WHY the J.Paul Getty Trust set up a museum that is dedicated to the Greeks, Romans nd Etruscans. Any idea? He wasn't Greek or Italian was he? I always thought he was just loaded - not necessarily cultured!!

Patrizzi Intergarlictica said...

ya, darling, ya!

Greg Dimitriadis said...

That's a grand old villa in the Roman tradition! I wonder if Getty ever lived in it...

Coming back to a comment you made on my blog, I was in Palm Springs in 2004 for the AIAA Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials conference. In fact, this conference is back in Palm Springs this year but I haven't got the time or the resources to attend. I am going to another conference in Seattle in June.

Unknown said...

Getty Villa looks great. I like the different levels on the 1st photo.

humanobserver said...

Great view.....thanks for sharing this......