Friday, December 26, 2008

Duck! (Sky ...& Surf ... Watch Friday)

As anticipated, blue skies returned to So Cal. I had an appointment in Santa Monica this morning & hopped over to the Getty Villa Museum afterwards (more on that tomorrow). On my drive home, this United flight seemed to be landing right on top of me on Sepluveda Blvd.
I briefly stopped at the North end of the Pacific Palisades beach. The hill in background is Palos Verdes Peninsula.
And of course, where there is surf, there are surf watchers ... and friends. See some fabulous skies at SKY WATCH FRIDAY.

14 comments:

Maya said...

Wow, that plane shot is amazing! It takes your breath away when it first comes up.

hitch writer said...

Lovely Shots !!! I like that surfer pic..... lone surfer, sea, the hill hmmmmm

Looks like a place to be !!

humanobserver said...

To the 1st snap- A brilliant capture

Steffi said...

Wow...fantastic photos for a SWF!I love your fist photo of the airplane!Perfect shot!Have a nice weekend!

Pat said...

Well, as a former inhabitant of Westchester, I see some things haven't changed. I remember airplanes "landing on top of me" too. And the surfers....Playa Del Ray? Nostalgia!!

Unknown said...

Great shot of the plain!
Today I envy you as rain has started to fall here and everything looks grey...

Petrea Burchard said...

Quite a trio! Great shots. It looks warm, but I know better!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Tash: Your plane capture was a neat SWF shot.

Anonymous said...

Did you surf? I agree with Petrea -- your photos make it looks so inviting, but I know it's freeeeezing.

Virginia said...

I like all three but I really like the man watching the surf. Lovely.
V

kuanyin333 said...

My fav is the plane shot! Awesome!

angela said...

That plane shot is amazing. I would have ducked! Temperatures must be warm with surfers in the sea. Here it's a cool 4 centigrade...

The Good Life in Virginia said...

great capture of the plane heading into LAX...
happy holidays.

gogouci said...

It's amazing how big those planes are up close.