Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from Southern California



Merry Christmas to all my dear blogger friends and your families who celebrate!

It's actually raining in So Cal today - these photos were taken on Dec. 15th just before the first good rain of the season. The view is from the "upper pool" area of our complex looking at Malibu over the South Bay. The rain is welcome and after the views are spectacular with the snow on the mountains.

I am cooking all day today, it's our extended family's traditional Christmas meal - very much like Thanksgiving - turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, and this year, cherry pie. All the dishes are pretty easy to cook and my sister-in-law cooks 1/2 of the meal.

Enjoy your day.

10 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Merry Christmas! I just talked with my brother and he said it's freezing in San Diego! We're warmer than you are today!

Marie-Noyale said...

We are warmer and we got blue skies today!! but It was a white Christmas..
I wish you a very merry christmas and a wonderful family time.

Maya said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Enjoy the day.

Julie said...

Glad it is you cooking and mot I, Tash. Hope you all have fun in each other's company.

Is that flower a bougainvillea?

Dan said...

I hope you had a joyous holiday and that you are having a nice, relaxing, recovery day today.

Belgrade Daily Photo said...

Wow, that is stunning. It must be wonderful to have such a view.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. That little ranch home is the same color as mine.
No one allows me to do the cooking so I end up on clean up duty. Hope your day was great. I'm sure it was.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and someone else did the washing up.

Jill said...

Tash, I hope you had a wonderful Merry Christmas. I am finally back online after a long, cold power outage! Blessings to you and yours.

kuanyin333 said...

Belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year!