Friday, December 4, 2009

"Gotta Go" at Jacksonville, Florida Airport (SkyWatch Friday)

I came home from Jacksonville, Fl. last night and found this fun and eye-catching piece of public art in the airport.
http://jiaarts.org/gottago.html
Jacksonville International Airport Permanent Art Collection
Gotta Go, Gordon Huether, 2008
"Artist Gordon Huether of Napa, California was commissioned by the Jacksonville International Airport Arts Commission to produce Gotta Go for Concourses A and C. Huether states: "Through the use of monumental imagery and utilizing the kinetic, color shifting properties of dichroic acrylic, we've created Gotta Go, an art piece full of constant discovery for travelers who use Jacksonville International Airport on a regular basis. This installation enhances Jacksonville's reputation as a city where culture and the arts are vibrant and alive, where people Gotta Go."
Go see more Skywatch images at the Skywatch Site!

12 comments:

grace said...

wow nice site..glad I was here..

Virginia said...

Great piece of art but I'll admit when I saw your title, I thought it was going to be a toilette shot! :)
V

Enigma said...

Beautiful piece of art and a great photo. Wonderful composition. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Nice to travel that light.

Anonymous said...

This is striking. A different version of Blue Boy. I wonder if it was produced by Franz Mayer of Munich.

did you get anymore of this glass art? I'd love to see them

Cezar and Léia said...

I love blue and this picture is really impressive!
Wonderful sky!
Léia

Lois said...

Very nice Tash! I have flown out of that airport every once in awhile because the flights out of Tallahassee are really expensive. I hope you enjoyed Jacksonville. Did you make it out to the beach at all?

Lori Lynn said...

Excellent Skywatch!
Hope you had a good trip.
LL

Petrea Burchard said...

Very cool. Is it as huge as it seems?

VP said...

Gotta Go is a fine piece of contemporary art, a quite rare event in my opinion. Excellent eye catching skywatch!

Anonymous said...

cool !

PJ said...

That's terrific, I wish P-cola invested in such fine public art.