Wednesday, August 25, 2010

From Golden Gate to Golden Arches - We've come a long way, baby??? (PVDP on Vacation)

The splendid Golden Gate ("Zlatna Vrata") or Triumphal Arch of Sergius, Pula, Istra - Hrvatska/Croatia
(1 August 2010)
The Golden Arches of McD's, in Šibenik, Dalmacia - Hrvatska/Croatia
(7 August 2010)
(Yes, we did eat at McDonald's TWICE - the first time, to have my Croatian friends try the food -- ratings were low on burgers and fries, very high on strawberry sunday -- and the second time, for the same reason we eat fast food here - convenience when hungry. The restaurant just opened the week before we got there and is much more stylish and posh than the US ones. The servers were just wonderful.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I m afraid I cant compare the two.
Prefer the top one.
Costas

Sciarada said...

Buongiorno Tash, very nice and amusing contrast between the two arches, a great idea!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

I'm turning of the computer and heading your wavy. Abalone Cove

wv aquadram

unbelievably accurate

Ashley said...

Catching up on blogs, and oh my you've been busy! I enjoyed your Croatia pictures!

Cezar and Léia said...

The portal is outstanding!
And the teen team posing with the M is adorable.I'm not fan of fast food,but you are right it works well when you are in a busy moment and so on.
hugs
Léia

Pat said...

The top arches are definitely better looking and will and have lasted longer! As for the golden ones, I treat myself from time to time, but always feel awful afterwards, so why....?

TheChieftess said...

So sorry the golden arches made it to Croatia...I'm still amazed that people eat there...willingly!!!

PJ said...

The arches, gotta love 'em.

Happy Birthday and have a great day!
= : )

PJ said...

When I say the arches, I mean the arches, not the restaurant. Did they serve beer?