Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I left my heart in Rovinj, Hrvatska... or Rovigno, Croatia


... and so would you if you've seen its beauty.
I am back from a wonderful trip to Croatia and will post some of the highlights of the trip, of which there are way too many... Maybe a separate blog is in order for this trip.
The "arena" from a two posts back is in Pula, Croatia where I spent summers as a kid with my grandmother and aunt. I also had another aunt who lived in Rovinj and was so pleased to see this old picturesque city again.

10 comments:

Gunn said...

These photos could make the number of tourist to be many many more....... What a wonderful place!
Love your photos! They are full of atmosphere !:)

Wanda said...

Brilliant colors in those buildings, and I love the cobblestone street.


Quite lovey!

Louis la Vache said...

Fantastic buildings in this post, Tash.

Welcome back! We've missed you!

brattcat said...

Tash, these are gorgeous...particularly the second shot. Welcome home. Can't wait to see more.

Cezar and Léia said...

Welcome back sweet Tash,
Wonderful pictures, always perfect compositions!
Léia

Pat said...

Inviting photos.

TheChieftess said...

Beautiful Tash!!! My one regret re: our recent Mediterranean cruise is that we did not stop in Croatia...and from these pics, my regret is definitely substantiated!!!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Love the long shadows in the last photo and how they light the centuries old worn cobblestones.

Welcome back.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

I love this palette. Were the colors always this inviting? Also, I like seeing the rough side of the structure in shadow. My guess is that they are re plastering the buildings

Regina K said...

Loved the old building and a peak at Croatia