Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunny Side Up


From the San Juan Capistrano Mission garden, 17 May 2005
It's been gloomy in Palos Verdes (either very foggy or overcast) so I needed a bit of sunshine. Wanda of water colors by wanda blog  reminded me of the 4th grade Mission project done in California schools. The 4th graders build a mission model and if possible, visit a local mission. My son's school was lucky to take a trip to the beautiful San Jaun Capistrano Mission when the gardens were in full bloom. That was 5 years ago!

8 comments:

Brenda's Arizona said...

How big across is the sunflower? It looks as wide as my hand!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

This guy looks much bigger then sunflowers I've got going. Bet he could take on that pansy in your previous post!

San Jaun Capistrano Mission is a beautiful mission.

brattcat said...

Does your son still talk about it?

Marie-Noyale said...

With all the rain we had today I needed that little bit of sunshine!!
Thanks

VP said...

I'ts good to see sunflowers already blooming somewhere...

Pat said...

I know what you mean about gloom....it's been raining since last Friday and is supposed to continue thru the weekend....oh.

This sunflower brightened up my day.

Cezar and Léia said...

Vibrant and emotional!
Wonderful picture!
Hugs
Léia :)

TheChieftess said...

Fabulous photo!!! What a beautiful sunflower!!! Perfection Tash!!!