Friday, June 4, 2010

GOOD YEAR over Palos Verdes (SkyWatch Friday)


Earlier in the spring at sunset over the main library.
I never get tired of seeing the Good Year airship flying over the South Bay and usually scramble for my camera whenever I see it. Then I realized that on Saturday afternoons it cruises over the top of the peninsula. In the early '80s, my friend Tricia's father who was an aviation enthusiast in Ohio, arranged for us to have a ride in the blimp. It definitely was a memorable experience.

11 comments:

Lois said...

Nice shot Tash! We usually only see the blimp around here during football season.

-K- said...

Nicely framed. I envy your ride on the blimp.

Wanda said...

Love the blimp, Tash... and the message too. This is going to be a good year!

TheChieftess said...

What a fun experience to have ridden in a blimp!!! Great shot!!!

slim said...

I hope this is a good omen for funding at your public library! Our libraries are taking a huge budget cut this coming fiscal year ;-(

A blimp ride??? Wow, you must live right!

brattcat said...

May this indeed be a "Good Year" for everyone. How amazing to have taken a ride in the blimp. Are there windows in it?

Gwendolyn L said...

How exciting to ride in the blimp! I like the composition and colors. Thanks for sharing.

Fadil Wimala said...

the sunset gives the hot air balloon some great colors!

Pat said...

It was always a thrill for me as a kid to see a blimp. A ride would have made, and still would make me very happy!

Powell River Books said...

Now that brings back memories. The blimp always had sign duty over the LA Country Fair next to our house. I also used to pass it's moorage spot twice every day when I was living in Torrance and driving to Bellflower to teach. - Margy

Marie-Noyale said...

I like the blimp color standing out.