Sunday, October 26, 2008

Haggerty Mansion (now Neighborhood Church) - 1

1928, Armand Monaco; Olmsted and Olmsted, landscape architects
415 Paseo del Mar
"An extensive seaside villa, more Italian than Spanish. The house is impressively detailed, especially in its ironwork. If Pliny the Younger could have owned this villa and its gardens, we feel he would have been very happy." from An Architectrual Guidebook to Los Angeles by David Gebhard & Robert Winter (#15).
There are 25 entries in the book on buildings in Palos Verdes, North. I will attempt to share all of them with you.

7 comments:

Marie-Noyale said...

I am actually looking for a biography of Olmstead!! this is funnY!!!
Nice Church!

Neva said...

This is a lovely church...it looks like a mission church or what I remember mission churchs looking like when I was visiting some! very nice....

Unknown said...

Very nice architecture indeed!

Anonymous said...

A fantastic church and a very well cared garden.
Fantastic.
Altough I'm not visiting for a long time, it's always a pleasure dropping by.

Abby Lanes said...

That's amazing! I didn't realize it was a house! Another place that would be fantastic to live. Can you imagine? Wow.

Anonymous said...

I like the concept

Greyhound Girl said...

oh this should be fun! And this is a pretty place.