Today is Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk® in Downtown Los Angeles. Memory Walk is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research – and it calls on volunteers of all ages to become champions in the fight against this fatal disease. Since 1989, Memory Walk has raised more than $230 million for our cause.
My dad died recently from last stages of Alzheimer's disease. There is no known cure and the current medication only eases the symptoms - sometimes. As with any disease, it is very hard on both the person & the family. My dad's widow is my hero for taking such excellent care of him for as long as she possibly could.
10 warning signs of Alzheimer's:
1. Memory loss.
2. Difficulty performing familiar tasks.
3. Problems with language.
4. Disorientation to time and place.
5. Poor or decreased judgment.
6. Problems with abstract thinking.
7. Misplacing things.
8. Changes in mood or behavior.
9. Dramatic changes in personality.
10. Loss of initiative.