Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cast Shadows

In drawing class this week, we worked on shading for the 3-D effect and understanding the type of shadows...who knew there were so many (cast, core, and two others I don't remember.) So here is my tribute to the cast shadow. And, for the record, I'd like it known that I'm not a PV suburban bumpkin but have worn a boots-tights-skirt outfit BEFORE seeing women of all ages in UK wearing this style, which was apparent even to my usually oblivious-to-fashion engineering co-worker. :D
In front of Bristol Farms, RHE (Oct 2010)
On PV Library roof parking, 14 October 2010

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love shadow self portraits!

Pat said...

I love shadows and portraits, too.

Gunn said...

Both photos are interesting and NICE!:)

brattcat said...

excellent examples of cast shadows.

Cezar and Léia said...

You are very talented, these pictures are fantastic! Beautiful artwork!
Léia

TheChieftess said...

I've got the boots, but not the skirt!!!

Love the garden display!!! But the self portrait is the best!!!

Wanda said...

Aren't shadows the best!? I really need to find a Art Class to attend. I miss learning new things, and methods.

Linda said...

Yup, boots-tights-skirt are definitely this season's look here. I've been promising myself a pair of boots for 25 years now - this might be the year to buy since there are so many styles to choose from.