Friday, September 3, 2010

Import/Export (PVDP on Vacation)

On Ivo Zaninovic street in Šibenik, Croatia
Not much of a photo, but it's full of symbolism. N. (our travelling companion and my close friend's daughter), was born in Croatia and came to California when she was 5 months old (export/import). We have a red Jeep Cherokee just like the one in the photo (import/export), and N. owns a white one... My son and I came to see the street that has my surname - my father's paternal relatives were all from this neighborhood.
On Sept. 7th, I will have been a US import for 40 years. I feel I have the best of both worlds.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Clever post! I too am an import/export.

B SQUARED said...

And we are all better for your being an "import."

Cezar and Léia said...

Wow a street with the name of family,it's so cool!
I love these two pictures, I think it was an important moment for you all!
hugs
Léia

Virginia said...

And we are SOOOO glad to have you here dear Tash, even though your roots and home are elsewhere. Lovely reminders.
V