Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Hopping, Arty Place

A Starbucks afternoon at PV mall
Starbucks is a place majority of us love to hate - and end up there because it's THERE and it's warm and cozy. This one is livened up with "Mexican Tinwork Tiles" creations by 5th grade students at Point Vicente Grade School, as part of the Art at Your Fingertips projects bringing wonderful and diverse exposure to creating art at the local schools. An artist creates a project, teaches volunteer parents who in turn, teach the projects in the classroom. I've done that when my son was little and, in addition to being very rewarding, it reaffirmed my admiration for teachers' skills and perseverence.

4 comments:

crocrodyl said...

Great idea!

Jack said...

I don't criticize Starbucks. It is my home away from home.

The kids' artwork looks pretty good. I am not familiar with this program, but I like it.

Pat said...

Looks like fun; a good idea. I agree about Starbucks....one of those giants that is really just TOOO big.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

ok - I'll try out my pony here. Hope my muzzle doesn't get cut off like some folks (Jack)