Monday, December 5, 2011

Landslide Viewing (Night Shots Monday)


Portion of Palos Verdes Peninsula slid into the ocean on November 21. A large section of Paseo del Mar in San Pedro is gone. ( LA Times blogs - Landslide San Pedro.)
I make a lousy news reporter. The area around the landslide has been fenced off for weeks once a sink-hole developed in the road. So, on the evening after the big slide, I could not get very close and then I only had a fixed 50mm lens on my camera. Here are some of the folks who came for the viewing along with me.
Join Monday Night Shot meme at Photo Roma blog.

6 comments:

Francesco Miranda said...

Nice photo.

Thank you for joining the Monday Night Shot on Photo Roma

brattcat said...

after irene struck i could not use my camera. too devastated. i think you're a better reporter than i.

Pat said...

Gosh, that's horrible. Was that anywhere near where you and I were?

Linda said...

Blatant news reporting, as opposed to finding something interesting and taking a photo, seems so intrusive. I know I have difficulty taking photos of classically news-worthy things.

raf said...

Very good news reporting. Tash. I had thought to ask you earlier if you had any damage from the storms.

Powell River Books said...

I guess all your rain this year has a down side. I heard your wind was pretty bad as well. - Margy