Friday, May 22, 2015

Remembering Tash

Here is looking at you, kid.



On Sunday May 10th, 2015, Natasha passed away after years of battling cancer. She was her same happy self until her very last day. 



Traveling and visiting national parks was one of her real joys in life. Being able to explore the world was like nothing else she could experience.


Natasha also sang every week with the Zhena folk chorus at multiple areas in Los Angeles. Her chorus' songs can be found on iTunes, and still within our hearts. 


Her son Ian is continuing his Bachelor's degree in physics and will continue with research as a career in sub-atomic physics. As a loving mother, she was the best friend I could have asked for.


Even selfies existed in Natasha's high school years in the 70s.


Her family at home misses her dearly. Thank you all for being such a wonderful community and helping Natasha's life full of joy with her love of photography.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Tash really did spread joy with her images and her comments. She is an exquisite example of "living until you die". She touched so many of us. Thank you for informing us so sensitively, beautifully, thoughtfully of Tash's death. We mourn her passing with you.

Matt Johnson said...

I am sorry for your loss. I enjoyed taking photos with Tash in our night photography class around the hill. I loved her photography. She had a great eye for amazing shots. She will be missed.

Christina said...

So very sorry for your loss.

I never met Tash and commented only infrequently on her blog. But I so enjoyed her creative and evocative photos, as well as the background stories she wrote. PV was my first home, where I lived until I was 12 yrs old. Her blog allows me to 'visit' again, anytime.

Tanya Breese said...

oh my gosh, i am so very sorry to hear this...tash and i went way back to when i first started my blog....your family is in my prayers....so very sorry for your loss...